Health & Safety
Committed to Safe Operations
We’ve been committed to safe operations since inception – and we have backed it up with a formal safety management system and full-time HSE advisors throughout our operations. We ensure that all our employees have the tools, equipment, knowledge and training to be safe and effective in the field. Our measured safety performance is consistently above the average for the service and supply sector in Western Canada.
We promote team-work in all aspects – and that includes looking out for one another’s safety and wellbeing.
Special Safety Features
At Canyon we're continually adding features to our operations that meet or exceed industry norms and that provide an extra edge in safety.
- We have developed a new electronic-format incident reporting system that enables rapid input and promotes rapid learning across the company by allowing anyone in the field to view the information on-line.
- All policies and procedures are available on our internal website.
- GPS devices have been added to all heavy trucks, improving safety, operating efficiency and management oversight.
- We have implemented 'work-alone notification' – a safety feature that means we can dispatch help from the nearest field base to any employee that fails to respond within a specific period of time.
- All employees are trained in a formal program known as Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) and in the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS).
- We provide materials Safety Data Sheets and maintain a complete library on the nature of all products we use, in both written and electronic format.